Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Interim post

I am such a dummy! I have been working on a draft with thoughts about the major events in our family's life, but the flashdrive containing those thoughts got left in my classroom after parent/teacher conferences.



There were some things about Justin, naturally. Some thoughts about Elizabeth's doings, and of course, a planned update on the situations of all of the children.



I also think I had started something in there about the weather. I am generally pretty laid back about things that I can't control, and I do enjoy the amazing varieties in nature, including the weather patterns. I guess that is why am starting to think I am about sick of all this rain! Not much variety in the pattern, when the pattern is a month with only 7 days of sunshine! Kathy, did we switch weather with Seattle and I just missed it?

I am back. If it seems like my train of thought derailed,.......... it did!

I was typing along, and then our stupid dial up issues nuked my momentum. Being on a single line, unless I block call waiting, any in-coming calls will disconnect the browser. I usually block, unless I am expecting a call. The problem is, that anyone in the house picking up the phone and dialing will do the same thing. So unless we make a loud announcement about getting online, that does tend to happen, unless I post very late at night.

And once the connection is down, there is always something to do while waiting. It usually involves chicken houses. That's a 25-45 minute interruption, and then it is usually late enough I just want to go to bed.

Oh, yeah, about the weather. One thing that has amazed me about this year's wet summer is the relatively low incidence of severe flooding. Don't misunderstand; lots of high water, and flood damage, but not as many stories about houses washed away, people and their cars swept off bridges, etc. This year, it is more about crop loss, and records being set. And Greer's Ferry Lake has not risen to the same level it reached with all the flooding of about 2 years ago.

Anyway, I look forward to some sunshine!

No comments: